It’s been over a year since the first episode of Scotch & Comics came out. It has something to do with the way time works on the internet. But despite these chronal inconsistencies, your intrepid host Devin R Bruce is back with another installment in the Internet’s fifth-best alcohol-related solo-hosted comics podcast! In this episode, take a jaunt through some of the ignored books in the 999 Regina Challenge, including Power Pack by Louise Simonson, Nexus by Steve Rude & Mike Baron, Man-Thing by Steve Gerber and a slew of artists, and Samurai Executioner by Kazuuo Koike & Goseki Kojima. A little mellow music, a little Islay single malt, and four great comics from a wide depth and breadth of genres, publishers, and countries (okay, well, only 2 countries). Scotch & Comics: the only place where there are 24 weeks a year!
SPOILER ALERT: In my excitement about the comic, spoil the entire first story in Samurai Executioner Volume 5. So if you care about that sort of thing, you have been warned.
- I didn’t realize that the alien race that Whitey belonged to was the same horse aliens called the Kyrellians, that become part of the Universal Inhumans in Jonathan Hickman`s run on FF. The more you know!
- Sober Devin realizes that the Silverhawk`s ships name is The Miraj. Spelled that way for COOLNESS.
- If you enjoyed this episodes moments of “Devin R Bruce Voice Acts The Great Moments Of Comics,” let us know.`Because apparently that might be a thing now.
- I meant Shogun Assassin, not Samurai Assassin.
- Music by Sufjan Stevens, Morrissey, Depeche Mode, and Mastodon. Because I felt like awesome mopey music!