In this fifteenth episode of Scotch & Comics, your friendly host Devin R Bruce was initially found a little lacking for inspiration. But when he’s running low on inspiration, he does what so many other people do: he turned to the internet! Armed with a couple of suggestions from his Twitter companions, he sallies forth to discuss Wolfman & Perez’s New Teen Titans, Edison Rex from Monkeybrain Comics, and Punisher MAX’s Kitchen Irish. Plus, he plugs the upcoming screening of Point Blank as part of the Metro Cinema’s Graphic Content series. (February 19! Scotch served in the theater! You should come!) In the midst of all this, he talks a little about what might be a good gateway whisky for a non-Scotch fan, as well as what Scotch would go best with Sailor Moon. Scotch & Comics: you don’t always know where you’re going, but you’re glad you took the trip!
- Go to your Twitter page and follow Matt Bowes (@MattBowes) and Erin Fraser (@ErinEFraser). They are good people.
- More information on The Metro Cinema’s Graphic Content series can be found here. You should come watch Point Blank with us. And if you do, come find me and I may just buy me a drink!
- If you don’t know who Peter Rios is, follow him on Twitter (@TheDailyRios) and then listen to his podcast, The Daily Rios. He’s awesome.
- WHY AREN’T YOU READING MORE MONKEYBRAIN COMICS?!? GO GO GO!
- In addition to creating Bandette, Paul Tobin & Colleen Coover wrote the amazing Banana Sunday, which is a great comic for readers of all ages.
- Thom Zahler, the creator of Love & Capes, is a stand-up guy, and had a letter of his posted in Power Pack once. Which just supports the whole “stand-up guy” theory.
- No joke: First Blood is actually really good.
- Music this episode by The Donnas, Shonen Knife, Mike Phirman, and The Dropkick Murphys.