Today may be “his special day” but that doesn’t mean that your intrepid host hasn’t thought of you listeners! Yes, on this very special thirty-fifth birthday episode, host Devin R Bruce has crafted an audio grab bag that is bursting at the seams with comics goodness! Open up and find treats featuring comics from such luminary creators as (in alphabetical order): Brian Azzarello, Richard Corben, Garth Ennis, Jae Lee, Sean McKeever, Peter Milligan, Sean Phillips, Eric Powell, and John Severin. (And even more!) Though the journey may get a little dark at times, Scotch & Comics will shine a light at the end of that tunnel. BUT DON’T GO INTO THE LIGHT!!
- The article about the Spirit Drinks Verification Scheme can be read here. (Still think that “scheme” is a bad word to include in a government plan.)
- The Mike Carlin episode of The Nerdist Writers Panel can be found here.
- The Polite Dissent Medical Reviews are fun and interesting, and the one on Batman: Jekyll And Hyde #1 is no different.
- I never did get back to that thing in The Punisher segment, did I?
- Here’s a link to my column on Comics! The Blog. It’s weekly. It has to be; I promised them it would be!
- This episode’s musical selections were “Shake It” by Tom Waits; “Unglued” by Stone Temple Pilots; “I’m Afraid of Americans” by David Bowie; “Sinister Rouge” by Bad Religion; “Soft Rocked By Me” by Jonathan Coulton; and “The Honeydripper” by The Oscar Peterson Trio. (I know. I was surprised when Stone Temple Pilots showed up too, but I thought it fit Batman: Jekyll And Hyde thematically rather well.)